Why @GavinNewsom's unlimited power needs to end per @kevinkileyca's great blog which I'm sharing here. #STOPFAILEDLEADERSHIP #RECALLGAVIN2020
August 31, 2020
Here's what one of the solo GOP representatives has uncovered and would like changed. I completely agree with him which is why I'm sharing excerpts here. I hope you will download, print and sign the petition to help recallgavin2020.com and get this on the ballot for November after you read this:
Kevin Kiley has submitted the following legislation which states: “The Legislature, in accordance with Section 8629 of the Government Code, declares that the state of emergency proclaimed by Governor Gavin Newsom on March 4, 2020, is at an end and that the emergency powers granted to the Governor as a result of that proclamation are terminated.”
A similar Resolution just passed the House of Representatives in Idaho. No wonder so many Californians are moving to that state.
Imagine how much pain our state could have been spared if the Legislature had passed ACR 196 when I introduced it. Since that time, Gavin Newsom has failed California in every conceivable way:
- The Economy: California’s economy and unemployment are worse than any state.
- Public Health: California leads the nation in COVID-19 cases.
- Competence: The Governor’s “data glitch” set back reopening decisions by weeks and led his Public Health Director to resign.
- Partisanship: Newsom has openly stated he’s using his emergency powers to advance the goals of the “majority party” and create a “new progressive era.”
- Corruption: Gov. Newsom closed California schools at the behest of his biggest campaign donor and appointed megadonor Tom Steyer to head the economic recovery.
- Inconsistency: The Governor just scrapped the previous reopening requirements for a farcical new “color-coded” system.
- Accountability Dodging: Newsom has blamed local officials and the people of California for his own failures.
- Lawlessness: The Governor has done lasting damage to our civic institutions, changing over 400 laws unilaterally.
These failures are no coincidence. Our Founders had good reasons for rejecting autocratic models of government in favor of separation of powers, checks and balances, and the rule of law.
The Emergency Services Act was designed to grant extraordinary powers to a Governor under conditions of extreme peril. It was not meant to give a single person the ability to remake all of California law indefinitely.
And Newsom has flatly refused to discuss any limits on his powers, falsely accusing me of attempting to “prematurely declare an end to this ongoing crisis.” You can read his entire blog here: https://blog.electkevinkiley.com/my-resolution-to-terminate-the-state-of-emergency/
Now this is me speaking, this is why this farce of a "Pandemic" must end. It has recently been revealed by the CDC that only SIX PERCENT of all Covid19 cases resulted in death for our entire nation.
You want to know why so many elderly people died from it? Because FOUR DEMOCRAT GOVERNORS decided in their infinite wisdom to put INFECTED PATIENTS IN RETIREMENT HOMES THUS GUARANTEEING THE MURDER OF OUR MOST VULNERABLE POPULATION! This is why Andrew Cuomo is under investigation and why Gavin Newsom will soon be too if the DOJ does their job right, as well as, the Governors in MI and WI.
With a recovery rate of 99% and proven drugs already on the market that cure it which is being blackballed by government officials beholden to the drug companies and drug companies who know they will lose lots of money if we don't buy into their push for a vaccine, I'm so over this bullshit I could scream.
At a certain point you have to agree, right? We can't keep living in a state of lockdown for a virus that has very low death rate, only seems to actually kill people who suffer from other health conditions or old age still. We can't keep ruining our future generations opportunity for success with failed schooling. The damage that is being done remaining locked down is far worse than anything the virus will ever do.
How about signing our petition and helping us stop this wanton misuse of power and getting your friends and family to join you? What do you have to lose? All I see are positives, don't you? Download, sign, and distribute this petition asap! Let's get our state back on track asap! www.recallgavin2020.com