I covered Designer Marc Jacobs' appearance in the new film, Disconnect, a bit ago and it opens tonight! Always fun to see people play roles that are outside their real life profession. Here's the blurb from the official site:
"Disconnect explores the consequences of modern technology and how it affects and defines our daily relationships. Shot with eavesdropped naturalism, it marks the first fiction feature from Henry-Alex Rubin, director of the Oscar-nominatedMurderball. Disconnect is produced by Mickey Liddell and Jennifer Monroe of LD Entertainment and William Horberg of Wonderful Films from an original screenplay by Andrew Stern.
The ensemble cast includes Jason Bateman (Identity Thief, The Change-Up, Up in the Air), Hope Davis (Real Steel, Mildred Pierce), Frank Grillo (Gangster Squad, The Grey), Paula Patton (Precious,Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol), Michael Nyqvist (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Andrea Riseborough (Oblivion, Brighton Rock, W. E.), Alexander Skarsgård (True Blood, Melancholia) and Max Thieriot (Jumper), as well as Jonah Bobo (Crazy, Stupid, Love), Colin Ford (We Bought A Zoo) and Haley Ramm (X-Men).
Can't wait to see this because it's getting rave reviews as evidenced here:
Here's the trailer in case you haven't heard the buzz.
The stories of strangers, neighbors & colleagues collide in a dramatic thriller about ordinary people struggling to connect in today's wired world. Now Playing! disconnectthemovie.com (As taken from their Twitter page.:)
Looking forward to seeing Justin Bateman too. He's always great.
Found this on GQ and thought you might like it too: "In fashionable enclaves of Los Angeles, an exodus is underway, as throngs of music junkies and waifish indie princesses embark on their yearly pilgrimage to Indio for three days of pool parties, look-at-me fashion, and stargazing.
This year's festival lineup features over a hundred acts on six stages, ranging from Blur and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, to Jessie Ware and Pusha T. To help us navigate the party, we reached out to some of the most trusted tastemakers in LA's music scene to find out what acts you can't miss, the best new artists to catch, and three cardinals rules of Coachella.
I forgot to list where you can buy these cute fashions so here, in no particular order are the brands and websites if you click the link ok? Enjoy!
- Arthur and Livingston necklaces which are both $48.00 (CUTE!) www.arthurandlivingston.com
- Levi's authentic trucker jacket $98.00 http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17086036&&cp=3146849.3146909.3146912
- Levi's 511 Slim Fit Commuter Oil Blue Shorts $64.00 (CUTE!:) http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16898416&&cp=3146842.4305630.18627286.19992096
- Tees by Tina Printed Bandeau $30 www.teesbytina.com
- Level 99 Casey Tomboy Shorts in Douglas, $105 www.level99jeans.com
- Ban.do Glitterati Twist Scarf, $20 www.shopbando.com
- Milk the Goat Laguna Bikini, $79 www.milkthegoat.net
- Converse Drifted Beanie, $25 www.Converse.com
- Junk Food Grateful Dead Vintage Tribeland Tank, $32 www.JunkFoodClothing.com
- Bed Stu Point Dune in Black slipons, $49 www.bedstu.com
- Converse Poly Back to it Backpack, $45 www.Zapos.com
- Peggy Printed Maxi Dress, $13.99 (click the name to get to the website)
And if you find you really like Palm Springs heat, sign up to win a weekend getaway here: http://visit.palmspringsoasis.com/?utm_source=article&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=coachellafashion
And that's all she wrote. Enjoy your weekend!