Try to make this cool event Thursday, June 14
June 13, 2007
invites you and a guest to the Opening Night Reception for
THE CREATORS SERIES
Thursday, June 14th, 7-10 p.m.
Rec Center Studios
1161 Logan Street, Echo Park
We're writing you because you attended an LA-based event that we produced in the past, and we wanted to let you know about the inaugural West Coast presentation of The Creators Series, presented by our new company, Tomorrow Unlimited, this coming weekend in Echo Park.
We would like to extend a special invite to you and a guest to our opening night reception tomorrow from 7-10 pm at Rec Center Studios. We hope you can join us for complimentary cocktails and music from DJ Franki Chan. We've brought together a stellar group of artists from around the world, many of whom have not shown their work here in the United States. Their work will be on display June 14 through June 17 in our free public gallery, and all will be speaking in a series of panels and presentations Saturday and Sunday. Based on our experience premiering the event in New York City last weekend, the LA edition promises to be memorable.
If you can join us for our opening tomorrow, RSVP to [email protected] by 3 pm tomorrow afternoon. and this invite is strictly plus one due to space limitations. For the schedule and additional information about The Creators Series, please visit www.thecreatorsseries.com. And please pass the word along to friends and colleagues whom you think would be interested in the weekend's programming.
We hope to see you tomorrow evening,
The Tomorrow Unlimited Team
The inaugural Creators Series is a weekend showcase of emerging creativity and ideas. The Creators Series opened June 8-10 in New York City, and continues on to Los Angeles June 14-17. The event features participants from around the United States and Europe who will exhibit work, deliver presentations, and speak on panels--with a few surprises thrown in. They include:
- Film futurist Matt Hanson, recently named one of Forbes' "Ten People Who Could Change the World" for his pioneering open source cinema project, A Swarm of Angels
- Graffiti Research Lab, acclaimed by The New York Times, The New York Post, Wired, and other publications for their tech-savvy approach to street art
- Sustainable design gurus Jennifer Leonard, co-author of Massive Change, and
Sarah Rich, co-author of Worldchanging, in a special collaboration
- Interactive designer Theo Watson, who collaborated last year with director Michel Gondry on a special traveling exhibition for The Science of Sleep
- Webby Award-winning Net artist Jonathan Harris, who spoke at this year's TED conference
- Multidisciplinary artist Chris Doyle, whose new video project, 50,000 Beds, features contributions from fellow artists like David Ellis, Marina Zurkow, and Kevin and Jennifer McCoy
- French film and art trickster Nieto, whose innovative work brings a magician's
sensibility to digital filmmaking
- Up-and-coming psychedelic rocker Pop Levi, whose debut album, The Return To Form Black Magick Party, came out earlier this year on Ninja Tune.
And more! Tickets for this special conference are on sale now, but supplies are limited, so get them while they last.
For complete schedule, tickets, and detailed information about all the participants and programs in this year's inaugural Creators Series, please visit www.thecreatorsseries.com. We hope to see you there!