I posted this blog back in December of 2009 and am reposting it because it's just as valid today as it was back then. This is why Obamacare better not be approved in the Supreme Court. Your rights are being taken away and you're allowing it. Read this and see if you don't agree at the end of reading it.
Tonight I'm just re-posting Jane Hamsher, whose bio is impressive: "Jane’s work has appeared on the Huffington Post, Alternet and The American Prospect. She has appeared on CNN, MSNBC and PBS and is the author of the best selling book Killer Instinct. She has produced such films Natural Born Killers and Permanent Midnight and currently lives in Washington, D.C."
Before I get to her amazing healthcare article, just thought you'd like to know according to The Word Doctor's, Frank Luntz's latest poll regarding Obamacare: 72% of Americans are mad as hell and not going to take it any more.
For those of you who don't know Frank Luntz, he's the focus group guru on America who even President Obama has said, "When Frank Luntz invites you to talk to his focus group, you talk to his focus group."
Here's an excerpt from Frank's website: "The Word Doctors is a powerhouse in the profession of message creation and image management. We have counseled Presidents and Prime Ministers, Fortune 100 CEOs and Hollywood creative teams in harnessing the power of language and visuals to change hearts, change minds and change behaviors."
Click here for more information, but don't forget to come back and read Jane Hamsher's article. You won't want to miss it.
Frank has also written the #4 Wall Street Journal Best Selling Business book and #6 Best Selling Hardcover Business book entitled, What Americans Really Want...The Truth about our Hopes, Dreams and Fears. He's extremely qualified to make this assessment of the current state of American's opinions.
Please sign up to be part of his upcoming focus groups here to have your voice heard: http://www.theworddoctors.com/signup.php
Now without further ado, the independent thinking progressive, Jane Hamsher's article. According to Larry Johnson's blog, No Quarter, "She has given approval for her list to be shared with everyone, so go for it! As Jane points out, it is irrelevant whether we’re on the left or right: All of us agree that this legislation is a disaster."
By: Jane Hamsher Monday December 21, 2009 7:10 am
FDL has become the go-to place for coverage of the health care bill due to the work of our incredible team. Jon Walker’s second-to-none knowledge of the health care bill has made the policy and political analysis he offers up at FDL Action a driving force. Dave Dayen’s reporting at the FDL News Desk, Marcy Wheeler ’s research and in-depth analysis at Emptywheel, Laura Flanders’ interviews at GritTV, our FDL team of writers and editors, and our community members at The Seminal provide the most independent and comprehensive picture of what’s happening moment-by-moment on the health care debate to be found anywhere.
So, I asked them to help make it simple: how do we let people know what’s going to happen to them if the Senate bill passes? Everyone put their heads together and came up with a list:Top 10 Reasons to Kill Senate Health Care Bill
- Forces you to pay up to 8% of your income to private insurance corporations — whether you want to or not.
- If you refuse to buy the insurance, you’ll have to pay penalties of up to 2% of your annual income to the IRS.
- Many will be forced to buy poor-quality insurance they can’t afford to use, with $11,900 in annual out-of-pocket expenses over and above their annual premiums.
- Massive restriction on a woman’s right to choose, designed to trigger a challenge to Roe v. Wade in the Supreme Court.
- Paid for by taxes on the middle class insurance plan you have right now through your employer, causing them to cut back benefits and increase co-pays.
- Many of the taxes to pay for the bill start now, but most Americans won’t see any benefits — like an end to discrimination against those with preexisting conditions — until 2014 when the program begins.
- Allows insurance companies to charge people who are older 300% more than others.
- Grants monopolies to drug companies that will keep generic versions of expensive biotech drugs from ever coming to market.
- No re-importation of prescription drugs, which would save consumers $100 billion over 10 years.
- The cost of medical care will continue to rise, and insurance premiums for a family of four will rise an average of $1,000 a year — meaning in 10 years, your family’s insurance premium will be $10,000 more annually than it is right now.
Background information on each point:
- Hardship Waiver And Restrictions On Immigrants Buying Insurance Undercut Arguments For An Individual Mandate, by Jon Walker
- What’s in the Manager’s Amendment by David Dayen
- MyBarackObama Tax by Marcy Wheeler
- Emperor Ben Nelson: All Your Uteruses Are Belong To Me by Scarecrow
- The Senate Bill is Designed to Make Your Health Insurance Worse by Jon Walker
- Best way to “Fix It Later” Is With No Individual Mandate Now by Jon Walker
- The Senate Health Care Bill is Built on a Mountain of Sand by Jon Walker
- The Devil in Anna Eshoo’s Details by Jane Hamsher
- Liveblog of the Dorgan Reimportation Amendment by David Dayen
- Answering Nate Silver’s 20 Questions on the Health Care Bill by Jon Walker
The Senate bill isn’t a “starter home,” it’s a sink hole. It needs to die so something else can take its place. It doesn’t matter whether people are on the right or the left — once they understand the con job that’s about to be foist upon them, they agree. That’s why Harry Reid and President Obama are trying to jam it through as fast as they can, before people get wise.
Again, I did not write the above except the introduction. If you hold a different opinion, or have other information that counters what is stated, please feel free to leave a comment as I always want to hear the other side. Doesn't mean I will always agree with it, but am open to hearing another perspective.
President Obama promised Change as his campaign promise. Are backroom deals, bribery, and the total lack of transparency what you voted for? Is he really still the Hope and Change you voted for as President? Or a sleazy politician like everyone else?
Think about it.
Have a good night.